Pet owners often overlook an essential family of Vitamins that dogs and cats alike need to keep their health at its peak: Vitamin B Complex.
Importance of Vitamin B Complex
B-Vitamins play a very important role in dogs and cats. For one, they act as co-enzymes and are involved in the metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins, and fat in the body.
Like you, your pets need B-Vitamins to support all these:
- Nervous system
- Immune system
- Cell metabolism
- Growth and development
- Energy production
- Body organs and tissues
- Appetite and digestive health
- Muscles, skin, coat, and eye health
Essential B-Vitamins for your pets
When choosing pet food, make sure to look for these 8 most essential B-Vitamins:
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine Mononitrate) – Breaks down carbohydrates and fats for energy. Also helps improve the proper functioning of nerve cells
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) – Processes amino acids and fats for growth and muscle development
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin) – Helps improve proper enzyme functions, appetite, and maintaining a healthy nervous system, skin, and nails
- Vitamin B5 (Calcium Pantothenate) – Plays a vital role in energy production and synthesis of sex hormones
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine Hydrochloride) – Helps in the proper utilization of protein and synthesis of neurotransmitters
- Vitamin B7 (Biotin) – Supports digestion, muscle function, and skin and coat health (Mostly needed by cats)
- Vitamin B9 (Folic Acid) – Helps increase red blood cell production in the bone marrow and keeping the heart healthy
- Vitamin B12 (Cobalamin) – Helps regulate the nervous system, plays a key role in growth and red blood cell formation, and helps fight and prevent anemia
Vitamin B Complex Deficiency
Because B-Vitamins are water-soluble nutrients, unused amounts are not stored in your pet’s body. Instead, they pass through via urine and thus, needs to be replenished regularly. That’s why your pets must get all B-Vitamins through their diet every day.
With insufficient B-Vitamins, your pets may suffer fatigue, weakness, nausea, digestive issues, nerve issues, skin infections, and anemia. Remember to always choose pet food that helps you give your pets their complete dose of these nutrients!
Salmon Belu is a grain-free, nutritious blend of New Zealand King Salmon and antioxidant-rich berries enriched with healthy doses of Vitamin B Complex.
It is a hypo-allergenic pet food formula that’s free from grains, gluten, wheat, corn, soy, artificial hormones, preservatives, and artificial colors.
Like every Addiction Foods product, Salmon Bleu is formulated to meet the nutritional guidelines by the Association of Animal Feed and Control Officials (AAFCO) for all life stages, making each bag of Salmon Bleu a complete and balanced meal for your pet.