Millie was initially diagnosed with Generalised Food Intolerance and Allergies and Hemolytic Anemia.
25 JUL 2010
• Diet: Fresh oily fish with plenty of fresh vegetables and 1 large slice of papaya a day
• Discontinue all treats, dog biscuits/ food, bread & dairy products
• Soy Milk and rice is permissible
2 AUG 2010
• Resuscitated with blood transfusions & warded in ICU
• Diet: NO Meat, maintain oily fish diet as above, and supplement with Hill’s A/D once a day and other fruits and vegetables
• Medication: SAMe/ Revanol (1x daily) & Hepavite/ Omega 3 (2x daily)
3 SEPT 2010
• Hair falls off in clumps in 2 areas (back / head) just upon stroking
• Diet advised: Discontinue rice and maintain fish and vegetable with Nutri-RX, Allergy-HS Diet
7 SEPT 2010
• Picture taken after vet consultation
• Area shaved to maintain hygiene and monitor spreading of the sore
• Sores spread over the next month around the back/ head
12 OCT 2010
• Wounds not healing and in fact have spread since 3 Sept
• Started Millie on Nutri-RX, Allergy-HS diet exclusively, with no fish
• (1 cup 2 times daily, supplemented with fruits & vegetables)
P.S. Millie's owner recently started her on a diet containing meat and signs of allergy returned.
22 OCT 2010
• 10 days on diet – wounds have healed, scabs dried up. Currently maintaining diet and noticed fur is starting to grow back
• Comparing scab area to previous picture, notice how it has spread
• The multiple sores on her head have healed
Original wound: notice spread in past month
Background: Original sore noticed in early Sept, spreading extended to front & side of ears
31 JAN 2011
• Maintained diet – and fur has fully grown back.
• Her energy levels are up (despite her age) and she’s doing great!
• These symptoms resolved once meat was removed from diet and Millie was again exclusively fed Nutri-Rx Allergy-HS