“The Life of Millie, a Border Collie with Severe Food Allergy” – In The Words of Her Owner
Millie was initially diagnosed with Generalised Food Intolerance and Allergies and Hemolytic Anemia.
25 JUL 2010
- Diet: Fresh oily fish with plenty of fresh vegetables and 1 large slice of papaya a day
- Discontinue all treats, dog biscuits/ food, bread & dairy products
- Soy Milk and rice is permissible
2 AUG 2010
- Resuscitated with blood transfusions & warded in ICU
- Diet: NO Meat, maintain oily fish diet as above, and supplement with Hill’s A/D once a day and other fruits and vegetables
- Medication: SAMe/ Revanol (1x daily) Hepavite/ Omega 3 (2x daily)
3 SEPT 2010
- Hair falls off in clumps in 2 areas (back / head) just upon stroking
- Diet advised: Discontinue rice and maintain fish and vegetable with Nutri-RX, Allergy-HS Diet
7 SEPT 2010
- Picture taken after vet consultation
- Area shaved to maintain hygiene and monitor spreading of the sore
- Sores spread over the next month around the back/ head
12 OCT 2010
- Wounds not healing and in fact have spread since 3 Sept
- Started Millie on Nutri-RX, Allergy-HS diet exclusively, with no fish
- (1 cup 2 times daily, supplemented with fruits vegetables)
P.S. Millie’s owner recently started her on a diet containing meat and signs of allergy returned.
22 OCT 2010
- 10 days on diet – wounds have healed, scabs dried up. Currently maintaining diet and noticed fur is starting to grow back
- Comparing scab area to previous picture, notice how it has spread
- The multiple sores on her head have healed
Background: riginal sore noticed in early Sept, spreading extended to front & side of ears
31 JAN 2011
- Maintained diet – and fur has fully grown back.
- Her energy levels are up (despite her age) and she’s doing great!
- These symptoms resolved once meat was removed from diet and Millie was again exclusively fed Nutri-Rx Allergy-HS